Collecting Your Information
We collect the following types of information about you:
- Name, email address, mailing address, employer name, take home pay, banking information (such as bank routing number and account number). Please see below for times when we will collect this type of information.
- information collected directly from you through your online application, information collected through on-line forms or entries on our lead providers\' websites, or information you provide when you contact our customer services department;
- your telephone communications with us and our customer services department which may be monitored and recorded;
- information about your transactions including loan balances;
- information from outside sources such as credit reference agencies and customer service providers regarding credit worthiness and credit history;
- information about your visits to our Website;
- information that is collected when you use the Website that may be used by us to identify you and validate your use of the Website for fraud prevention purposes;
- information about your computer including, your IP address, operating system and browser type. This is statistical data about browsing actions and patterns and is not in individually identifiable form; and automatic information obtained by using "cookies" when your browser accesses our Website and when you log-in.
- If enabled, cookies may store small amounts of data on your computer about your visit to any of the pages of this Website. Cookies assist us in tracking which of our features appeal the most to you and what content you may have viewed on past visits. When you visit this site again, cookies can enable us to customize our content according to your preferences. These cookies do not track individual user information, and all our cookie data is encrypted and cannot be read by other websites. To find out more about accepting or refusing cookies from www.allaboutcookies.org.
- Information about you when you use our feedback form.
- When you inquire about our affiliate program.
Information about third parties
We may also request that you provide details of individuals who are able to act as referees on your behalf by verifying some of the personal information you provide about yourself. The information we collect about these third parties are their name, address, and phone number.
Your friend may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request that we remove this information from our database.
When you give us information about another individual you confirm that they have appointed you to act for them, to consent to the processing of their personal data, and to the transfer of their information abroad and to receive on their behalf any data protection notices. You also consent to us informing any third party that you nominate or recommend that you have provided their details to us.
Using Your Information
We may use your personal information for a number of purposes including:
- in the normal course of our business to provide you with the services or products you request such as processing loan transactions and updating your account records;
- to contact third parties, such as your employer, who you have nominated to verify information about yourself;
- to enhance your experience of using our Website or our services;
- for conducting statistical analysis;
- to identify you when you contact us or visit our Website;
- to identify which of our products, or our partners\' products, might interest you;
- to prevent and detect fraud, this may involve the use of voice detection technology to analyse recordings of your telephone calls with us;
- for other regulatory checks including credit assessment; and
- for editorial or feedback purposes for our advertisers.
- We may act as brokers as well as direct lenders, our products and services could sometimes be provided in conjunction with our business partners. It could therefore be necessary to disclose your information to them to provide you with the product/and or services you require;
- We may pass it on to carefully selected third parties who may use it to make contact with you in relation to their offers that you expressed an interest in when registering on our site.
Sharing your information
We do not sell, share, rent or trade your personal information with third parties for their own promotional purposes. We may share the personal information you submit with our associated companies (which includes any company linked to us in some way by common ownership or management) for the purposes of (a) the provision of products and service you request; (b) consumer profiling and market research and (c) unless you opt out as described below (see under Marketing and opt out rights) to contact you by post, phone or electronically about related products and services, offers and events. A list of associated companies is available on request by contacting Lending Stream directly via the contact details provided below.
We may also share your personal data with third parties including:
- lenders, credit reference agencies, customer service providers and collection agencies. We have trusted relationships with these carefully selected third parties who perform services on our behalf. All service providers are bound by contract to maintain the security of your personal information. Credit reference agencies may add to their records about you, information about our search of their records and your application with us, and this will be seen by other organisations that make searches;
- selected third parties who may use it to contact you by post, telephone, email, SMS or other reasonable methods in relation to offers they feel might interest you, receive feedback, suggestions, opinions on current product for editorial, survey, research and product development purposes from you, whether or not we enter into an agreement with you;
- a prospective purchaser, in the event our business or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party (in which case personal data held about customers will be one of the transferred assets);
- in order to enforce any of our terms and conditions;
- individuals who you nominate as your referees to verify certain information that you provide to us; and
- if required or compelled to do so by any legal authority, as required by law and when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights and/or to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process served on our Web site.
Cookies and Web Beacons
We use Google\'s proprietary Analytics tool \'Google Analytics\' to collect non-personally identifiable information that is aggregated to understand website/page visit volumes in terms of source, geography, browser, etc.
Our third party tracking utility company employs a software technology called web beacons, that help us better manage content on our site by informing us what content is effective. Web beacons are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and are used to track the online movements of Web users. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on a user\'s computer hard drive, web beacons are embedded invisibly on Web pages and are about the size of the period at the end of this sentence. We do not tie the information gathered by web beacons to our customers\' personally identifiable information.
Cookies used by Zebit and Third Parties
|sessionid||Identify customers when they sign-in|
|csrftoken||Offers protection against Cross-Site Request Forgery|
|trackingid||Identify customers across sessions, thereby offering a consistent user experience across sessions|
|lgdin||Identify if the customer is applying as a returning customer and ensure appropriate experience during the application process|
|trid||Unique identifier for a transaction used until the application is submitted|
|testwp||Identify customers who have been redirected to the secure debit card gateway|
|lsrc, lsrc_detail, skey||Identify the source of the customer when he lands on the website for the first time and used for offering appropriate customer experience|
|flavour, mob_num||Identify customers from mobile devices and render contents customized for mobile phone displays|
|cc_t, cc_landing, cc_heading||Identifies the page variations shown previously to the customer, thereby offering consistent user experience|
|token_direct , payment_direct||Dropped by the secure debit card gateway to prevent fraud|
|invitationkey||Identifies whether the customer has been referred through any special promotions and/or eligible for any special offers|
|consentcookie||Stores whether the cookie notification has been shown|
|Third Parties Using Cookies|
|Google Analytics||Provides analytical services that helps us to identify potential usability and user experience problems in the website and thereby aid in improving the quality of service offered in the website|
|Google Web Optimizer||Provides the ability to run multivariate tests intended at improving customer experience|
|AffiliatePro||Provides tools to manage and track campaigns and marketing programs by our affiliates|
|FFA||An ad serving platform to track the marketing campaigns|
|AddThis||Offers services to the customer to share on social media|
Transfers outside the EEA
Countries in the European Economic Area (EEA) are required to have a similar standard of protection of your personal data. This is not always the case outside the EEA. Each time you apply for a new loan, we may transfer your personal data outside the EEA (including to our associated companies in India and the USA). However, before doing so, we will ensure that there is adequate protection as required by the relevant Data Protection legislation.
Marketing and opt-out rights
By visiting our Website, you understand and agree that we may contact you via the phone number or e-mail address you enter on your loan application to assist you with your loan or to discuss other products and services that Zebit may provide for you. You may opt-out of receiving these marketing communications from us or from our associated companies by responding to any of our e-mail communications with "remove" in the subject line or by sending us an e-mail to email@example.com.
If you opt-out of our use of your personal information for marketing purposes, we will honour such choice once we have had a reasonable opportunity to process your request. We reserve the right to take reasonable steps to authenticate your identity with respect to any such request or other inquiry.
As a result of providing us with your personal information, you may receive follow-up contact and offers from third party companies and, while we only work with selected partners, we are not responsible for the services or representations of these third parties. To opt-out from receiving marketing emails, calls, or SMS messages from third parties, please contact that third party directly.
Security and Retention of Information
We are aware of the importance of the data we collect from you and therefore we use advanced technology to protect your information.
We store data in encrypted form on computers and control access via secure web pages. We employ firewalls and other security technologies to protect our servers from external attack. We train our employees in the proper handling of personal information and when we use other companies to provide services for us, we require them to protect the confidentiality of personal information they receive.
When you enter sensitive information (such as your bank routing or checking account number) on the application form, we encrypt that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL).
We will keep your personal information for as long as necessary for the purposes for which it was collected, to provide you with services and to conduct our legitimate business interests or where otherwise required by law.
Access To Your Data
If your personally identifiable information changes, or if you no longer desire our service, you may correct, update or remove it by making the change within the edit your profile section of the site or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you use a blog on this Web site, you should be aware that any personally identifiable information you submit while there can be read, collected, or used by other users of these blogs, and could be used to send you unsolicited messages. We are not responsible for the personally identifiable information you choose to submit in these forums.
We post customer testimonials, which may contain personally identifiable information, on our website and banners as well as some other websites with Zebit presence.
Third Party Links In Our Website
Our site may contain links to third party websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own terms and privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability in respect of them.
To register with us you must be 18-years of age or above.
Changes In This Privacy Statement
We reserve the right to modify this privacy statement at any time, so please review it frequently. If we make material changes to this policy, we will notify you here, by email, or by means of a notice on our home page.
If you have any questions or concerns about the use of your personal information as described above, please contact us at Zebit, trading name of Lending Stream LLC, Camrose House, 2A Camrose Avenue, Edgware, Middlesex, HA8 6EG, UK | Credit Licence Number: 0643942 033 3200 2522 (Calls cost 10p per minute from a BT landline; mobiles and other providers may cost more) | email@example.com Copyright © Zebit.